Thursday 3 December 2015

The person who inspired me the most


My primary school tuition teacher, Mrs Violet Francis would be the person who inspired me the most. As a primary school boy, I was very mischievous and had short attention span. I landed up in the worst class in school and had almost given up on education. Thankfully, my mother introduced me to Mrs Francis who was also her primary school teacher.

Mrs Francis owns a terrace which is situated behind a forest. A couple of chickens that roam around the forest, found their home at the trees surrounding Mrs Francis house. Often times, Mrs Francis would curb my short attention span by allowing me to spend 5 minutes feeding the chickens for every hour of studying. As this is a form of relaxation for me at that time, I would go back to my studies feeling rejuvenated.

As a devoted and caring tuition teacher, she would sacrifice her other house chores to continue teaching me after her lesson if I still have any doubts about the topics I was studying. If she deem necessary, she would even call me back on weekends for extra tuition without charging any extra fees to my parents.


Mrs Francis was a very patient and understanding tuition teacher who would also give me encouragement when I encounter a difficult question and applaud me whenever I get the question right. I eventually found the motivation to study and did well for my Primary School Leaving Examinations (PSLE) which allowed me to enter a Secondary school of my choice. I am grateful to have met Mrs Francis who have inspired me to do well in my studies when no other tuition teacher could. I hope to inspire the lives of young people to do well in their studies just like how Mrs Francis did.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing with this honest and open story with us, Greg. You paint a fairly clear portrait of Mrs Francis. With your rich description, I can even visualize you out feeding those chickens.

    You mention that you hope to inspire in the future as well. Do you plan to become a teacher?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Professor, yes i do. I'm working towards my goal of becoming a Physics teacher.

      Delete